Demographics & info
- - Hartsville is approximately 5.72 square miles with a population of 7,764.
- - City residents have a median age of 37 years.
- - The city counts 3,143 households, as well as 3,704 housing units.
- - The Darlington County School District ranks fifth in South Carolina in terms of academic achievement, according to the S.C. Department of Education.
- - Hartsville has one high school, Hartsville High, one middle school, Hartsville Middle, and four elementary schools, Carolina, Washington Street, North Hartsville and Thornwell School for the Arts.
- - Hartsville is home to Coker College, a four-year college, as well as the Hartsville site of Florence-Darlington Technical College.
- - Hartsville was incorporated Dec. 11, 1891.
- - Hartsville operates under the Council-Manager form of government.