The City of Hartsville observes the following 14 holidays as days off with pay for regular full-time employees, modified in some cases when the holiday falls on a weekend.
- New Year’s Day – Jan. 1
- Martin Luther King Day – 3rd Monday in January
- President’s Day – 3rd Monday in February
- Good Friday – Friday prior to Easter in March or April
- National Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Veterans Day – Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday in November
- Day after Thanksgiving – 4th Friday in November
- Christmas Eve – Dec. 24
- Christmas Day – Dec. 25
- Day after Christmas – Dec. 26
- General Election Day – Falls on the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in November during even-numbered years
The City of Hartsville offers an excellent benefits package for all employees including health, dental and life insurance coverage as well as the option to cover dependents.
Other benefits include retirement, paid holidays, and the monthly accrual of vacation and sick leave, pre-tax spending plans, 401K and 457 plans.
State Insurance Benefits
- General information
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision Care
- Money Plus
- Long Term Disability Care
Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness, a part of PEBA Insurance Benefits, provides resources to promote healthier lifestyles for employees, including activities and programs in disease education and prevention as well as preventative workplace screenings.
All regular full-time employees earn vacation time according to the following schedule:
- 0-2 years of service (0-24 months) earns 5 vacation hours per month; 60 hours per year
- 3-9 years of service (25-108 months) earns 9 vacation hours per month; 108 hours per year
- 10 and over years of service (109+ months) earns 12 vacation hours per month; 144 hours per year
All regular full-time employees accrue sick leave at a rate of 8 hours per month, 96 hours per year. Employees on full-time leave without pay for more than 10 consecutive workdays do not earn credits for sick leave while in leave status. The maximum accumulation of sick leave is 720 hours, or 90 days, per calendar year.