Screen on the Green, the City of Hartsville’s free series of summertime movies, will launch Saturday, May 27 with a showing of “National Treasure,” sponsored by Allstate Insurance – Robinette Insurance Agency, Inc., in Burry Park, 131 Cargill Way.
“National Treasure” follows the story of Ben Gates, a historian, in search of a legendary treasure through riddles and clues on some of the nation’s most valued documents before the treasure falls into the wrong hands. The movie is rated PG for action violence and some scary images.
The showing begins at dusk, 8:53 p.m. or later. Moviegoers are welcome to bring chairs and blankets. In the event of rain, the showing will relocate to the Coach T.B. Thomas Sports Center at Byerly Park, found at 701 W. Washington St. in Hartsville.
“I love being part of an event that nurtures and encourages a sense of community,” says Tabathia Robinette, Allstate Exclusive Agent, “I am so excited to be able to partner with the City of Hartsville and offer a great movie for our local families in a safe and fun environment.”
Following the kickoff event, Screen on the Green will continue the rest of the summer with the following schedule:
- June 10 – “The Jungle Book” (2016) sponsored by Darlington Raceway
- June 24 – “The Secret Life of Pets” sponsored by Sandy Memorial Animal Hospital
- July 8 – “The BFG” sponsored by Carolina Bank
- July 22 – “Finding Dory” sponsored by North Industrial Machine
- August 5 – “Sing” sponsored by Hartsville Police Department and Fire Department (National Night Out special showing)
For more information about the Screen on the Green summertime movie series, contact Jordan Braddock at 843.917.0602 or email@example.com. Follow Visit Hartsville, SC on Facebook to stay up to date on all events.