The annual Screen on the Green Movie Series will feature 6 movies beginning on June 1st and ending with National Night Out on August 24th. This free community event is held in Burry Park, 131 Cargill Way, each summer and sponsored by numerous local businesses. Each showing begins at dusk, around 8:45 p.m. or later. Moviegoers are invited to bring chairs and blankets to make the event more comfortable and enjoyable. In case of rain, the movie will be held at Coach T.B. Thomas Sports Center.
This movie series has been planned by the City of Hartsville’s new Special Events Coordinator, Samantha Martrano. Martrano says, “Events like Screen on the Green are so important to improving the quality of life for all Hartsville residents. We often hear that children don’t have enough to do here, so I am very excited for the opportunity to play a role in bringing fun, family-friendly events to the city.”
Screen on the Green will continue for the entire summer with the following schedule:
- June 1—Remember the Titans sponsored by Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center
- June 15—Beauty and the Beast (2017) sponsored by Sonoco
- July 20th—Miracle sponsored by The Children’s Group
- August 3—The LEGO Movie 2 sponsored by Darlington County Sheriff and Fire Departments
- August 10—Jurassic World (2015) sponsored by Hartsville Animal Hospital
- *August 24—Aquaman sponsored by Hartsville Police and Fire Departments
*National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes strong police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live and work. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
For more information about the Screen on the Green summertime movie series, call 843.917.0602. Follow Visit Hartsville, SC on Facebook to stay up to date on all events.