The City of Hartsville Invites you to Help Make a Difference in your City by Applying to be a Volunteer on One of our Boards, Committees, or Commissions!
Applications are available on the City of Hartsville’s website or in the City Clerk’s office, 1st floor of City Hall, 100 E. Carolina Ave., an accessible facility; contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-383-3018. Deadline for applications is April 22, 2019. Thank you for your interest.
- Airport Advisory Board – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the airport in an efficient and successful manner, which will assist in the economic development of the community.
- Architectural Review Board – Reviews plans for construction and demolitions to ensure the level of quality of all projects within the Design Overlay, B-1, and Historic Districts. Reviews and recommends to city council historic properties designations. Continuing education requirements provided by City.
- Board of Appeals Regarding Technical Code Enforcement- Established to hear appeals concerning building code decisions made by the City Building Code Official. Continuing education requirements provided by City.
- Housing Authority of Hartsville Board – A policy making board which plans for housing projects to benefit low income individuals and families in the Hartsville area.
- Museum Commission – Works closely with the City and Museum staff members to promote and effectively manage Museum activities.
- Parking, Beautification and Business Improvement Commission – This “body politic” commission has authority to levy fees to purchase, improve and maintain parking lot property in the downtown area. Must be a business or property owner within the PBBIC boundarie
- Parks Committee – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the parks in an efficient and successful manner, enhancing the
natural beauty and recreational opportunities of the community. City residents only.
- Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority Board – Responsible for providing Public Transportation to the greater Pee Dee area.
- Planning Commission – Responsible for a continuing planning program for the physical, social, and economic growth, development, and redevelopment of the city. Continuing education requirements provided City. City residents only.
- State – Local Accommodation Tax Advisory Committee – Responsible for making recommendations to City Council for allocation of State-Local Accommodations Tax funds. Lodging (2), Restaurant/visitor attraction (2), cultural (1), and at-large (2).
- Zoning Board of Appeals – Established to hear appeals concerning the city zoning regulations. Continuing education requirements provided by City. City residents only.