THE CITY OF HARTSVILLE INVITES YOU TO HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CITY BY APPLYING TO BE A VOLUNTEER ON ONE OF OUR BOARDS, COMMISSIONS OR COMMITTEES.
- Airport Advisory Board – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the airport in an efficient and successful manner, which will assist in the economic development of the community.
- Architectural Review Board – Reviews plans for construction and demolitions to ensure the level of quality of all projects within the Design Overlay, B-1, and Historic Districts. Reviews and recommends to city council historic properties designations. Continuing education requirements provided by City.
- Housing Authority of Hartsville Commission – A policy making commission which facilitates public and/or Section 8 housing to benefit low income individuals and families in the Hartsville area.
- Museum Commission – Works closely with the City and Museum staff members to promote and effectively manage the activities of the Hartsville Museum and The Edition.
- Parking, Beautification and Business Improvement Commission (PBBIC)- This “body politic” commission has authority to levy fees, to purchase and improve or maintain properties within their boundaries, including parking lots in the downtown area. A business or property owner within the PBBIC boundaries.
- Parks Committee – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the parks in an efficient and successful manner, enhancing the natural beauty and recreational opportunities of the community. City residents only.
- Planning Commission – Responsible for a continuing planning program for the physical, social, economic growth, development, and redevelopment of the city. Continuing education requirements provided City. City residents only.
- State – Local Accommodation Tax Advisory Committee – Responsible for making recommendations to City Council for allocation of State-Local Accommodations Tax funds. Member requirements: Lodging (2), Restaurant/visitor attraction (2), cultural (1), and at-large (2).
- Zoning Board of Appeals – Established to hear appeals concerning the city zoning regulations. Continuing education requirements provided by City. City residents only.