The City of Hartsville announces an additional phase of reopening facilities scheduled to begin on Monday, June 8th. This phased approach to reopening has allowed both city employees and customers to gradually adjust to new precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and encourage social distancing. A detailed outline of current operations is listed below.
City Hall (Finance)
- The Finance Department lobby will be reopened to the public from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
- Entry may be made on the Carolina Avenue side of City Hall and customers will exit on the Fifth Street side. The ADA entrance will be locked, but can be unlocked to accommodate entry by calling 843.383.3015.
- Only three customers will be allowed in the lobby a time.
- In addition to in person service, water bills may still be paid:
- Over the Phone: 843.383.3015
- By drop box located in the alcove at City Hall, 100 E. Carolina Avenue, checks or money order only.
- By Mail: P.O. Drawer 2497, Hartsville, SC 29551, checks or money order only.
- Online at: https://hartsvillesc.csibillpay.com/Account/Login.aspx
- Automatic Bank Draft: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/government/forms/utilities-bank-draft-payment-application/
- SPC Credit Union, 204 N. Fifth Street, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Customers must have their bill and pay the full amount due with cash or personal check only. Drive thru option is available.
City Hall (Human Resources)
- The Human Resources Department will remain closed to the public. They may be reached by phone at 843.383.3026 or by email at email@example.com.
City Hall (Business Navigator)
- The Business Navigator will be reopened to the public from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Entry may be made on the Fifth Street side of the building.
- Only one customer will be allowed in the lobby at a time.
- Business licenses can be obtained by calling the Business Navigator at 843.383.3025 and online at: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/business-navigator/business-license/.
- Permits can be obtained in person and contractors should knock on the door for entry between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. They may also be obtained by calling the Business Navigator at 843.383.3025 and online at: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/business-navigator/permits/.
Public Services Department
- The Public Services lobby will be open to the public from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Business may also be taken care of by calling 843.383.3006.
- Only one person will be allowed in the Public Services lobby at a time.
- Garbage collection, recycling services, and yard debris are all on schedule at this time.
Hartsville Police Department
- The Police Department lobby will be reopened to the public from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Only one person will be allowed in the Police Department lobby at a time.
- Fingerprinting and background checks will resume.
Hartsville Fire Department
- The Fire Department lobby will be reopened to the public from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fire reports may still be obtained by calling 843.383.3000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Coach T.B. Thomas Sports Center has been reopened to the public Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. with limited access.
- All playgrounds, courts, fields, and outdoor equipment have been reopened for public use, but social distancing guidelines should be followed.
- The Municipal Court office will be open to the public at City Hall.
- Municipal court remains suspended indefinitely. Involved parties will receive a letter about their court dates once they have been rescheduled.
- Traffic tickets may be still paid by calling 843.383.3015.
- City Council will be held on June 9th, 2020 in the Council Chambers. Council, staff, and members of the public will follow guidelines of social distancing. A video recording of the meeting will be posted online to City of Hartsville, South Carolina YouTube Channel.
- The City Clerk can be reached at: 843.383.3018.
The Key/Main Street Hartsville
- The Key to Your Hartsville has been reopened to the public Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The Hartsville Museum has been reopened to the public Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
City of Hartsville, Public Information Officer, Lauren Baker said, “Our teams have done well gradually adjusting to new procedures put in place to protect employees and residents. We understand that COVID-19 is still active in our area and while we are returning to more normalcy in operations, we know that we cannot yet return to business as usual.”