Beginning Monday, May 11th, some City of Hartsville facilities will be open with modified operations as a part of the City’s first phase of reopening to the public. City officials continue to encourage citizens to conduct as much business as possible over the phone, online, or by drop box to help minimize the amount of people inside of the facilities throughout the day. City of Hartsville employees will be taking precautions as recommended by the CDC and DHEC to keep work spaces sanitized and remain distanced.
The Departments that will begin opening their lobbies as a part of this first phase include: the Finance Department, the Police Department, and the Public Services Department. A detailed outline of modifications is listed below and also our website and social media pages will be updated as changes are made.
City Hall (Finance)
- The Finance Department lobby will be reopened to the public from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. each day.
- Entry may be made on the Carolina Avenue side of City Hall and customers will exit on the Fifth Street side. The ADA entrance will be locked, but can be unlocked to accommodate entry by calling 843.383.3015.
- Only three customers will be allowed in the lobby a time.
- In addition to in person service, water bills may still be paid:
- Over the Phone: 843.383.3015
- By drop box located in the alcove at City Hall, 100 E. Carolina Avenue, checks or money order only.
- By Mail: P.O. Drawer 2497, Hartsville, SC 29551, checks or money order only.
- Online at: https://hartsvillesc.csibillpay.com/Account/Login.aspx
- Automatic Bank Draft: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/government/forms/utilities-bank-draft-payment-application/
- SPC Credit Union, 204 N. Fifth Street, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Customers must have their bill and pay the full amount due with cash or personal check only. Drive thru option is available.
City Hall (Human Resources)
- The Human Resources Department will remain closed to the public. They may be reached by phone at 843.383.3026 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Hall (Business Navigator)
- The Business Navigator will remain closed to the public. Any business may be taken care of by calling 843.383.3025 or emailing email@example.com. There is also a drop box located on the door (5th Street Side, Navigator entrance).
- Business licenses can be obtained by calling the Business Navigator at 843.383.3025 and online at: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/business-navigator/business-license/.
- Permits can be obtained in person and contractors should knock on the door for entry between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.. They may also be obtained by calling the Business Navigator at 843.383.3025 and online at: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/business-navigator/permits/.
- Inspections will follow normal procedures. Call 843.383.3025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Public Services Department
- The Public Services lobby will be open to the public from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Business may also be taken care of by calling 843.383.3006.
- Only one person will be allowed in the Public Services lobby at a time.
- Garbage collection, recycling services, and yard debris are all on schedule at this time.
Hartsville Police Department
- The Police Department lobby will be open to the public from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and limited services will be available.
- Only one person will be allowed in the Police Department lobby at a time.
- Fingerprinting and background checks will remain suspended until further notice.
- Requests for copies of reports and other non-emergency matters may be done in person or by calling 843.383.3011.
Hartsville Fire Department
- The Fire Department lobby will remain closed to the public.
- Fire reports may be obtained by calling 843.383.3000 or emailing email@example.com.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Coach T.B. Thomas Sports Center will remain closed to the public. The staff may be reached by phone at 843.339.2878 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The dog park, tennis courts, walking track, and soccer fields court are open at this time.
- Additional parks within the City will be open for passive recreation such as walking or jogging.
- The Municipal Court office will be open to the public at City Hall.
- Municipal court will resume on June 11th. Involved parties will receive a letter about their postponed court dates.
- Traffic tickets may be still paid by calling 843.383.3015.
- Bond hearings will be held via teleconference.
- City Council will be held on May 12th, 2020 in the Council Chambers. Council, staff, and members of the public will follow guidelines of social distancing. A video recording of the meeting will be posted online on the next business day to City of Hartsville, South Carolina YouTube Channel.
- The City Clerk can be reached at: 843.383.3018.
The Key/Main Street Hartsville
- The Key to Your Hartsville will remain closed to the public. Staff is available for curbside pickup.
- All Special Events sponsored by the City of Hartsville will be cancelled through May 10, 2020 in compliance with guidelines issued by the CDC on Sunday.
- All Tourism and Special Events inquiries may be made by phone at 843.917.0602 or email at email@example.com.
- All Main Street Hartsville inquiries may be made by phone at 843.230.5837 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hartsville Museum will remain closed to the public. They may be reached by phone at 843.383.3005 or by email at email@example.com.