The Hartsville Police Department will be participating in the 2018/2019 Holiday Sober or Slammer Campaign that runs from December 14th until January 1st. In coordination with this campaign, Hartsville Police Department officers will increase enforcement efforts throughout the city, including public safety checkpoints. The Hartsville Police Department’s DUI Officer will be working peak enforcement hours as a part of this campaign. HPD asks the public to please be vigilant this holiday season and immediately report impaired drivers to 911 or *HP.
The below signs are helpful indicators of an impaired driver. The included chart shows the effects of each Blood Alcohol Concentration Level for these drivers.
- Making unusually wide turns.
- Straddling the center line or driving with tires on the center line.
- Driving with head out of window or with all windows down in cold weather.
- Almost hitting another vehicle, object, or person.
- Weaving or swerving on the roadways.
- Driving on the shoulder of the road or in the emergency lane.
- Driving with excessive speed or very low speed.
- Stopping without apparent cause.
- Following too closely.
- Drifting or breaking erratically.
- Driving in or crossing into the opposite lanes of traffic.
- Changing speeds rapidly or very slowly.