With Hurricane Season approaching, residents are asked to be cautious of unpredictable weather throughout the season, which runs from June 1 until November 30. Being prepared for unpredictable weather during Hurricane Season is the key to the safety of Hartsville residents and property. Taking precautionary measures to plan for a weather emergency is necessary to ensure the wellbeing of our community.
The City of Hartsville suggests that residents establish a plan in advance so that they are prepared with supplies and communication channels in the event of a hurricane. Visit hartsvillesc.gov/government/fire for more emergency preparedness information and updates.
Consider taking the following steps to ensure your protection this Hurricane Season:
- Download the 2017 South Carolina Hurricane Guide prepared by the SC Emergency Management Division online at scemd.org
- Create and emergency plan and supply kit for your family through tips provided by ready.gov
- To catch the latest weather information, check the National Weather Service website: nws.noaa.gov.
- Sign-up for CodeRed, an emergency notification system from the City of Hartsville at hartsvillesc.gov
- Contact the Hartsville Fire Department with any questions about emergency preparedness at 843.383.3000