From the 93-acre recreation complex of Byerly Park to the shoreline picnic shelters, playgrounds and pavilion of Lawton Park on Lake Prestwood, the City of Hartsville’s Parks have much to offer.
- Neptune Island Water Park (Opening Summer 2018)
- See all City of Hartsville Parks
- LawtonParkSC.com – Learn more about renting the historic Lawton Park Pavilion on Prestwood Lake for weddings, meetings and more.
- Kalmia Gardens of Coker College – Kalmia Gardens is a 35-acre private botanical garden and historic house built on the site of the 19th century’s Kalmia Plantation.
Arts and Culture
- Black Creek Arts Council – Promoting arts in Darlington County through education, programming, funding and more. The Council offers a variety of arts classes and produces numerous arts-based events and festivals.
- Center Theater – Downtown Hartsville’s historic theater is one of the Pee Dee’s foremost performing arts venues.
- Coker Farms National Historic Landmark – This site interprets the history of the Coker Pedigreed Seed Company, whose scientific advancements made a major impact on Southern agriculture.
- EdVenture Children’s Museum – (Opening Summer 2018) EdVenture Hartsville, EdVenture’s first satellite location, focuses on serving families with children age eight and under with exhibits and programs that promote literacy, art, math and science. The museum is located at 146 W Carolina Ave in Downtown Hartsville. Visit edventure.org for more information.
- Elizabeth Boatwright Coker Performing Arts Center – Coker College’s performing arts center is home to the nearly-500-seat Richard and Lee Watson Theater, a Black Box Theater and the Stein Gallery.
- Hartsville Museum – Located in Hartsville’s historic downtown Post Office, the Hartsville Museum is home to exhibits of art and history relating to the city and the surrounding Pee Dee region. Hands-on tours are offered for children focusing on Native Americans, Cotton and the Early 20th Century Kitchen.
Local entertainment venues
Hartsville is home to a number of entertainment options, from its downtown movie theater and a skating rink to its regional golf courses and open-to-visitors farms.
Kids Guide to Hartsville
From parks and playgrounds to special events, classes and ways to get involved, Hartsville has something for every child. Read on to learn about places to go and things to do.