THE CITY OF HARTSVILLE INVITES YOU TO HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CITY BY APPLYING TO BE A VOLUNTEER ON ONE OF OUR BOARDS, COMMITTEES, OR COMMISSIONS.
- Architectural Review Board – Reviews plans for construction and demolitions to ensure the level of quality of all projects within the Design Overlay, B-1, and Historic Districts. Reviews and recommends to city council historic properties designations. Continuing education requirements provided by City.
- Housing Authority of Hartsville Board – A policy making board which plans for housing to benefit low income individuals and families in the Hartsville area.
- Museum Commission – Works closely with the City and Museum staff members to promote and effectively manage Museum activities.
- Parks Committee – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the parks in an efficient and successful manner, enhancing the
natural beauty and recreational opportunities of the community. City residents only.
- State – Local Accommodation Tax Advisory Committee – Responsible for making recommendations to City Council for allocation of State-Local Accommodations Tax funds. Lodging (2), Restaurant/visitor attraction (2), cultural (1), and at-large (2).
- Zoning Board of Appeals – Established to hear appeals concerning the city zoning regulations. Continuing education requirements provided by City. City residents only.