Victim Services Division
The Hartsville Police Department has a full service victim services division that is committed to providing services, resources and referrals to crime victims and to ensure that victim’s rights are protected under the law. Lt. Tenyonde Richardson serves as the department’s Victim Advocate and is a certified police officer. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 843.383.3011 ext 6012.
Assistance is available to victims at the location of the crime, during the investigation and throughout the Criminal Justice System in a variety of ways such as:
- On-scene crisis intervention
- Emergency shelter, food, clothing, and medical assistance
- Informing victims of their rights and responsibilities under the law
- Assistance in filing for S.C. Crime Victims’ Compensation
- Court accompaniment and transportation to court proceedings
- Referrals to state and local agencies for assistance
- Assistance in filing restraining orders and orders of protection
- Referrals for counseling and local support groups
The Hartsville Police Department Victim Advocate’s primary goal is to extend to all victims their specific legal rights and to provide services that will effectively assist them.