The Public Service department provides necessary infrastructure to our community. Included in this department are Environmental Services (solid waste and recycling), waste-water treatment, and water and sewer utilities. Streets and Grounds is also a subsidiary of Public Works and is charged with the responsibility of landscaping—maintaining the appearance of—properties belonging to the City of Hartsville, specifically green spaces and city parks.
- Utility billing and new service
- Utility rates – water, sewer, sanitation
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris pickup
- Mosquito control
- Public Service news
- 2017 Water Quality Report
- City of Hartsville 2014 Arbor Day poster contest
- Preventing blockages from grease, fats and oils
The Public Service Department manages the Showmobile Stage, a large mobile stage that can be rental for events in Darlington County. For more details, download the Showmobile Stage Rental application form on the City Forms page.