The Public Service department provides necessary infrastructure to our community. Included in this department are Environmental Services (solid waste and recycling), waste-water treatment, and water and sewer utilities. Streets and Grounds is also a subsidiary of Public Works and is charged with the responsibility of landscaping—maintaining the appearance of—properties belonging to the City of Hartsville, specifically green spaces and city parks.
- Utility billing and new service
- Utility rates – water, sewer, sanitation
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris pickup
- Mosquito control
- Public Service news
- 2017 Water Quality Report
- City of Hartsville 2014 Arbor Day poster contest
- Preventing blockages from grease, fats and oils
The Public Service Department manages the Snowmobile Stage, a large mobile stage that can be rental for events in Darlington County. For more details, download the “Snowmobile Stage Rental” application form on the City Forms page.
Public Service Director
Office phone: 843.383.3006
Water and sewer after-hours emergencies: 843.678.3064
145 W Carolina Ave
Hartsville, SC 29550