The City of Hartsville does not own most of the streets inside the City limits. The South Carolina Department of Transportation owns and maintains most of them. If you have a question or issue with a street in Hartsville, use the SCDOT Street Finder tool below to find the owner of the street so that you can contact the appropriate party.

Click to open the SCDOT Street Finder tool at their website in a new window.

Open the SCDOT Street Finder

If the SCDOT Street Finder tool identifies the road you’re interested in as being owned and maintained by SCDOT, you can use their online Maintenance Work Request form to submit the issue to SCDOT.

If your issue concerns a road owned by the City, you can report it by contacting the Public Service Department directly.

Open the SCDOT Maintenance Work Request Form

You can contact the SCDOT Customer Service Center Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 1-855-GO-SCDOT.


Vehicle damage from Potholes on State-Owned Roads

As reported by WPDE ABC News 15, the State of South Carolina may reimburse you for damage to your vehicle caused by potholes. You must be registered as the owner of the vehicle and provide a copy of your registration to the State to get reimbursed. Learn more about filing Damage Claims on the SCDOT website. According to WPDE, follow these steps to seek reimbursement:

  1. When safe, pull your vehicle over and photograph the pothole, the damage to your vehicle, and nearby any road signs or landmarks. More documentation of the location and situation is better.
  2. Get two estimates and receipts of the repair work needed or done.
  3. Submit a claim to the State of South Carolina for reimbursement.

SCDOT Damage Claims