The City of Hartsville’s boards, committees and commissions operate with a variety of volunteers appointed by City Council. Some boards, committees and commissions require City of Hartsville residency.

Committee vacancies



The City of Hartsville is looking for individuals who are interested in making our community a great place to live and work. Applications may be completed in the City Clerk’s office, 1st floor of City Hall, Mon. – Fri. or by completing the below application. For more information contact or call 383-3018.  

Click here for the application to serve on a committee.

Click here for vacancies.

Full list of boards, committees and commissions

  • Airport Advisory Board: Advises the City Council on Hartsville’s Municipal Airport.
  • Architectural Review Board: Reviews construction plans for projects in Hartsville’s Design Overlay and Historic districts.
  • Board of Appeals Regarding Technical Code Enforcement: Reviews building code decisions made by the City Building Code Official.
  • Housing Authority of Hartsville Board: A policymaking commission which plans for housing projects benefiting low-income individuals and families.
  • Museum Commission: Works closely with Hartsville Museum staff to promote and effectively manage Museum activities.
  • Parking, Beautification and Business Improvement Commission: A “body politic” commission with authority to levy fees to purchase, improve and maintain parking lot property in the downtown area.
  • Parks Committee: A study group which finds ways to operate the parks in an efficient and successful manner, enhancing Hartsville’s natural beauty and recreational opportunities. City residents only.
  • Planning Commission: Responsible for City zoning and land use laws as well as community long range planning. City residents only.
  • Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority: Responsible for providing public transportation to the greater Pee Dee area.
  • State-Local Accommodation and Hospitality Tax Advisory Committees: Responsible for making recommendations to City Council for allocation of funds through the State-Local Accommodations Tax and Hospitality Tax.
  • Zoning Board of Appeals: A Board established to hear appeals concerning the city zoning regulations. City residents only.