BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
The City of Hartsville is looking for individuals to assist the city in making our community a great place to live and work. Applications are available at City of Hartsville – Application Form for Boards, Committees, and Commissions (hartsvillesc.gov) or contact email@example.com or 843-383-3018. Unless otherwise indicated below, 75% or more of members must be city residents (City Code 2-271(1). Deadline for applications is April 21, 2023.
- Airport Advisory Board – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the airport in an efficient and successful manner, which will assist in the economic development of the community.
- Architectural Review Board – Reviews plans for construction and demolitions to ensure the level of quality of all projects within the Design Overlay, B-1, and Historic Districts. Reviews and recommends to city council historic properties designations. Continuing education requirements provided by City.
- Board of Appeals Regarding Technical Code Enforcement- Established to hear appeals concerning building code decisions made by the City Building Code Official. Continuing education requirements provided by City.
- Housing Authority of Hartsville Commission – A policy making commission which facilitates public and/or Section 8 housing to benefit low income individuals and families in the Hartsville area.
- Main Street Hartsville Advisory Board – Supports the Main Street Hartsville program by providing recommendations on matters relating to downtown revitalization and championing the programming of Main Street Hartsville to the community.
- Museum Commission – Works closely with the City and Museum staff members to promote and effectively manage the activities of the Hartsville Museum and The Edition.
- Parking, Beautification and Business Improvement Commission – This “body politic” commission has authority to levy fees to purchase, improve and maintain properties in their boundaries, including parking lots in the downtown area. Must be a business or property owner within the PBBIC boundaries PBBIC-District-Boundaries-as-of-6-2-98.pdf (hartsvillesc.gov)
- Parks Committee – Acts as a study group to find ways to operate the parks in an efficient and successful manner, enhancing the natural beauty and recreational opportunities of the community. City residents only.
- Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority Board – Responsible for providing Public Transportation to the greater Pee Dee area.
- Planning Commission – Responsible for a continuing planning program for the physical, social, economic growth, development, and redevelopment of the city. Continuing education requirements provided City. City residents only.
- State – Local Accommodation Tax Advisory Committee – Responsible for making recommendations to City Council for allocation of State-Local Accommodations Tax funds. Lodging (2), Restaurant/visitor attraction (2), cultural (1), and at-large (2).
- Zoning Board of Appeals – Established to hear appeals concerning the city zoning regulations. Continuing education requirements provided by City. City residents only.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN HARTSVILLE!
City Hall is an accessible facility, for assistance call 843.383.3018.