Use the resources below to learn about operating a taxi service in the City of Hartsville and find the forms you’ll need to start your business.
All cabs must be licensed by the City of Hartsville in order to pick up passengers within city limits. Licensed vehicles must bear the appropriate decal on the back right corner of their rear window. To report an unlicensed cab, please call 843.383.3011. Details such as the color, make, model and license plate number will help our law enforcement officers to properly identify reported vehicles.
- Taxicab license and permit flowchart (PDF)
- Taxicab business license checklist (PDF)
- Taxicab driver permit checklist (PDF)
- Taxicab driver permit application (PDF)
- Fleet registration form (PDF)
- Taxi inspection form (PDF)
- Local ASE Certified Mechanics (PDF)
- Hartsville Municipal Code Chapter 90 – Vehicles for Hire (PDF)
- Hartsville City Council Fares Resolution (PDF)